Tuesday 24 January 2012

Thinking about the interior of my building- Drawing & Google sketch up

As well as thinking about how the exterior of the house would look, I began thinking about how the interior would look, by doing some simple sketches in my sketch book and on seperate sheets of paper this helped develop my ideas, I used paint to map out some of my thoughts about how the rooms could be layed  at a starting point.

Idea for lounge, sofas the central part of the room, social area
Bedroom, bed central part and interesting part of the room.

Toilet, interesting design concept of all 3 corners being occupied

Kitchen, table central part of the room, with dividers to suggest the seating area is the main focus

I began to think about the kitchen, there were different colour schemes I could of had in the room, although I found by using red, black and white this would create an interesting and appealing space. I began designing mood boards both for the kitchen and the lounge, by doing this I could see what the furniture and the colour scheme would be like, although I could nto see where the objects would be placed or what the room would look like properly.

Kitchen
After coming to a decision about the colour scheme, I began to design the layout of the kitchen, I began to use Google Sketch Up for this, before begginning this course, I had never thought about using Google Sketch Up as part of a project, although I found this program very interesting and useful in my design approach. By using the building tools I began to design a traingle room, i thought about how the space could be used and occupied. I thought about how the kitchen is the heart of a home and how this would appeal to older and younger generations.
(((((((((PICTURES OF KITCHEN GOOGLE SKETCH UP))))))))


Bathroom
When designing the bathroom, I came to a decision about the colour scheme, I thought brown and cream would work well, I thought about using a wooden floor for the bathroom, which would be bamboo, after researching different flooring I found bamboo was the most sustainable along with cork. I also used Google Sketch Up on my bathroom, this way I could get a feel of what the room would look like and how the different objects could be layed out. I also thought of how the bathroom would look modern and would appeal to both the younger and older generations.
((((((((((((PICTURES OF BATHROOM GOOGLE SKETCH UP)))))))))))

Bedroom
Before designing the bedroom I thoguht about what colour scheme would look fresh and appealing in a room, i thought about using a feature wall of turquoise and 2 cream walls. By doing this this added colour to the room. I used Google Sketch Up to help me see where the furniture would look right, I looked on the paint maps which I did earlier and ensured the bed was the central part to the room by putting it in the corner with furniture around it. I found by doing so other objects like a circular chair fir in well with the room.
((((((((((((PICTURES OF BEDROOM GOOGLE SKETCH UP)))))))))))))))

Lounge 
When designing the lounge I foudn the main focus for me was the sofas in the middle of the room, by putting round sofas in a circle in the centre of the room this ensured the room would be a social area and a relaxing area to sit. I found by using brown and cream this lifted the room and looked warmer. I started using google sketch up to find a few suitable chairs which would fit in with my design, I found two arched chairs which worked in the centre of the room. By doing this I found I could arrange more furniture around the chairs and even put a table in the middle of them.
((((((((PICTURES OF LOUNGE GOOGLE SKETCH UP))))))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment