Sunday 13 November 2011

3D Design- Inspiration from gallery visits


After producing the first structure to do with the shapes of buildings, I decided to alter the design style, I decided to use curves in the design rather than straight lines, I began drawing ideas of how the design could look, I thought about using the same design and just changing the straight corners into bends, although I found I could produce a different design, still focusing on space and buildings but using more bends, I found by using pliars and wood i could bend the wood into curves to produce an interesting structure. Using a glue gun, I then began to attach each piece of wood together to create a representation of my first structure although in a curvy form. I found this method of using wood was challenging as the wood was able to break easily when using the pliars, although it worked well in the way it created an interesting form in the different ways it could bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment