Monday 5 December 2011

Circle perspects and wire design

After producing my wire structures, I decided to explore perspects and wire together, at first I began to draw three circles and looked at how wire could be added to the circles, I thought about using chicken wire although when i tryed to put it through the perspects I found the chicken wire could not go through the holes I had drilled, I then thought about using thin silver wire, I found this wire went through the holes and fitted securly, I began to draw more wire through the three circles, and thought about how the design could stand, I thought about using one of the circles as a base, although I found putting all three circles on their side worked well from a design approach. Using sand paper I then began to sand the edges of the circles making usre thedges remained straight but became smooth, I then used the buffing machine to touch up the edges of the design ensuring it looked to the best possible standard. I began to drill holes into the perspects and then began to put the wire inbetween the three circles. After making this design, I found this design could be a sculpture or an ornament for an interior, the sleek and modern style would look bold in a interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment