Sunday 4 December 2011

First week of Drawing and Mapping

For the first week of mapping, we looked at real life maps to get inspiration, I looked at the detail which was within the maps, whilst maps are for us to find our ways around, there are also all kinds of maps including: Sound maps, memory maps, mapping journeys etc... for our first task we drew our own maps by using letter forms, this reminded me of the first week of college when we used letter forms to create structures. By using letters I created my own imaginary map, this included dark lines, thin lines, shapes and many curves. I produced a series of these maps which helped me to explore my imagination and create my own personal map. I drew out the maps in pen and pencil, I then photocopied these onto black paper which made them look more interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment