Thursday 5 April 2012

Finding a new way to stack drawers!

I am playing around with the drawers and trying to figure out different ways the drawers could be stacked to create a building like model. I find by slotting the drawers inside each other this creates a very interesting concept!




The way the drawers slotted into place is very interesting! I wanted to cretae something unique which i could work with in the interior design route. I now have to think about how I can create an interior either inside the object or coming out of the object. I found this defies gravity in a strange way, as if I tilt the plinth it is on more drawers can be stacked and seem to almost turn upside down!
I feel this can be classed as performance art, as these drawers were building up people would walk past and comment, this gave me peoples opinions about my work and it was interesting to hear what people thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment