Saturday 21 April 2012

making of model

I am now working on producing sets of stairs to link each level in my design, I will make these out of foam board. I measured a set of full scale stairs in the college this gave me an average length, width and depth to each stair which I can now convert into a smaller scale. I have worked out my scale is 1:80 which I will have to work with whilst making different objects in my final major project.



I found using foam board was very challenging, one problem was ensuring the stairs were the correct size on each stair, I decided to use double sided sticky tape although once I had fitted two rows of stairs together the structure began to give way! I put together one spiral staircase and added it to my structure to see how it would fit,






 This looks impressive on although the stairs were just not strong enough to stay upright and kept breaking and falling off! After trying different methods of adhesives I decided foam board was not the best option!

No comments:

Post a Comment