Saturday 21 April 2012

New exciting idea!

My new idea is to use the pieces of wood which I have previously made inside the drawers and bring this idea to a seperate structure to form the structure of the drawers but without the drawers holding it up! I am very excited about this idea although there will be many complications along the way I am sure!

I am thinking about how each piece of wood can attach and I have come up with an idea of small pieces of wood joining each layer up, I am going to try out using just one piece of wood and seeing how this works. I will use the drawers as a template to build my design up.

As you can see I have cut some pieces of wood out and arranged them, these have not been glued on just yet! I think this idea would work very well in ensuring the design can stand up on its own! I had to cut each piece of wood out the same size to ensure this works, precise measurments are the key to my design! Each piece has also been cut at an 79 degree angle which replicates the 11 degree angles which keep appearing in this model!


A few closer views into the workings of my model!

No comments:

Post a Comment