Monday 12 March 2012

Evaluation of interview at Sheffield Hallam University

Before my interview at sheffield hallam I was nervous, although I was very confident with my work. When I showed the tutor my portfolio, (she had a look before interviewing me) she was 'very impressed' with my porfolio. I was asked why I wanted to study at Sheffield Hallam and also what I thought about Sheffield in general, I answered analysing that I thought sheffield was an interesting place with interesting buildings including the 'Park Hill', I also am very familiar with Sheffield in general. I was then asked about the range of work I had in my portfolio and about each piece of work in general, as I went through the sheets of designs, drawings, Google Sketch Up and 3D models she seems very enthusiastic about each piece, she enjoyed looking at the Google Sketch Up images and my 3D model. The way she was keen and enjoyed looking at my work brought be confidence. I then began to tell her the work of other artists which I am keen about, Frank Lloyd Wright, Kelly Hoppen and Mark Newsome all inspire my interior design pathway. The way they express their ideas in their interiors is pleasing.

Kelly Hoppen's use of space in this interior is inspiring, the idea of a chair hanging from the ceiling produces more space underneath and around the chair and ensures the interior is interesting and expressive.
       I found looking round the interior design workshop, the work was eccentric and imaginative and could imagine myself at this university. Overall the tutor gave me some advice, when drawing a building or an interior on either Google Sketch Up or by hand she encouraged me to draw a person, this helps with scale and ensures the size of the room is easier to understand. I found this advice helped me to progress in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment