Thursday 15 March 2012

Interview at Manchester Metropolitian University

Firstly we got to look at students work from both first, second and third years, I thought by looking at the work they produce in all years this helped me to get an insight to the university. I was impressed by the work which I saw, some of my favourites were more of the looser drawings and models which had been made. I was then called in by the course leader and she explained all about the course and how it worked in all years. I found this very enlightening and she had answered all my questions before I had the interview! I then was given an interview by two of the course leaders, I explained all about my work: how I made my models, what the briefs were we had been given, what sort of materials I had used and how I felt about the work. She gave me some good advice on artists she told me to look at Anthony Gormley and Cornelia Parker for my 3D work. She also told me about how I should add a figure into my interior design and architecture drawings and Google Sketch Up as this would show the scale and proportions of the interior and exterior. She talked to me about how some of my models I had made could be used in an interior or as a building. I felt this advice had helped me significantly in my Art Foundation work. Overall the interview went very well and I was given a conditional offer of a pass on my Art Foundation course.

No comments:

Post a Comment